Originally built for the Frisco in 1948, Caritas started life as a 14 roomette – 4 double bedroom Pullman sleeper car, #1450. In the 1960s, #1450 was sold to the CN were the it went from a stainless fluted side to a smooth side passenger car. In 1985, #1450 officially became Caritas, starting a new life in private ownership.
Caritas was extensively renovated in 1985 to include a spacious lounge with room 18 day riders, enlarged windows on the rear for spectacular views, an open platform, a kitchen with modern amenities, and update mechanicals as well.
Now owned by Friends of the 261, Caritas make a beautiful addition to the fleet. Caritas has 4 double bedrooms and a master bedroom for a overnight capacity for 10 Guest.