Designed and built by the Milwaukee Road shops as a Tap Lounge for the streamlined 1947 Olympian Hiawatha. Retired from regular assignments in 1955 and converted to a business car. Transferred to private ownership in the late 1970s, leased to the Wisconsin Central, then operated on steam excursions with the Friends of the 261. Available for private charters and trips, with friendly and engaging service tailored to special occasions, and individual tastes and wishes. The Friends of the 261 is the agent for the car. Based in Southern California or Chicago area.
The Friends of the 261 have the Montana available for charter, so individuals and groups can ride in the style once enjoyed only by railroad executives and presidents.