Fox River Valley
Friends of the 261 are now the proud owner of the former Henry Hudson. Built in 1952 for the Pennsylvania Railroad’s Congressional between New York and Washington as the parlor car Henry Hudson. It was acquired by Amtrak in 1971 and converted to a buffet/table car in 1986. After being sold by Amtrak, the car ran in charter service through Mid-America Railcar, wearing the names Henry Hudson and Keystone Grill. Paxrail acquired the car in October 2013 and renamed it Warriors Rest. Purchased in 2017 by the Friends of the 261, the Warriors Rest was extensively refurbished into a luxury lounge car and renamed the Fox River Valley
The Fox River Valley comfortably seats 46 passengers, with booth seating for 16. Floor to ceiling African mahogany, custom engraved glass half walls depicting the the heritage of the car with Pennsy keystones. the Fox River also has a wet bar with plenty of room for any entertaining necessities. As well as brand new restroom facilities, the Fox River Valley compliments any charter or excursion needs.